Ask Kyng Questions

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Agreed! One of my passions is also taking nature pictures. I love to pick a spot in the woods and just walk around looking for shots. There is a cool park near here. I n need to check it out. Been awhile since I took any pictures.

What do you think of our current state of technology?

OP
Kyng

Kyng

Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
Better than ever :p . Although, I am a bit worried about the next 100 years or so... seems to be quite a few ways in which we could accidentally destroy ourselves if we're not careful!

• Big Smile
Reactions: zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Probably not... something like that will probably be invented, but it won't be applied in the real world :p .
Let me rephrase. I don't actually mean a tangible object, but more that tech will become so advanced, and us so reliant on it, that *if* it ever fails, we'd be back to the dark ages. Agree or disagree? :)

OP
Kyng

Kyng

Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
Quite possibly,
Let me rephrase. I don't actually mean a tangible object, but more that tech will become so advanced, and us so reliant on it, that *if* it ever fails, we'd be back to the dark ages. Agree or disagree? :)
Quite possibly. We're already one coronal mass ejection away from having much of our communications infrastructure knocked out... that might not knock us back to the Dark Ages, but it'd get us close (at least, for a while!)

• Wow

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Quite possibly,

Quite possibly. We're already one coronal mass ejection away from having much of our communications infrastructure knocked out... that might not knock us back to the Dark Ages, but it'd get us close (at least, for a while!)
Yup, I heard about that. Is there any way to shield our tech from those?

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Well, there's Faraday cages, but we can't really build one around the entire planet :p .

(There are Faraday bags that we can put our electronic items in, but I don't have one of those!)
Hopefully, critical systems will be protected if something does happen!

How much do they cost?

OP
Kyng

Kyng

Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
Hopefully, critical systems will be protected if something does happen!

How much do they cost?
They're not too expensive. Just from quick Googling, a Faraday pouch that can accommodate car keys can be bought for under £10 - and one that can store a laptop can be bought for around £80.

(Though, I'm guessing you'll find them cheaper than that if you shop around!)

• Thumbs up!!