did you enjoy school?

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Wow, interesting question. Honestly, I hated school. I was always nervous, and I had ADHD. Everything was tedious to me. By the time I got to high school, I was already completely "checked out". :(

Altair

Private
Macabre Soul
Feb 9, 2022
www.network.justageek.me
Wow, interesting question. Honestly, I hated school. I was always nervous, and I had ADHD. Everything was tedious to me. By the time I got to high school, I was already completely "checked out". :(
zoldosI was the same way. I checked out throughout high school. I did not give a s**t. I was treated dumb throughout my years in school.
For example in fourth grade I was put in a group to learn how to count money. I was like really.
I was in learning skills because I had trouble putting thoughts from my head and saying it out loud or writing it down. Still to this day I have trouble with it but it is much better.
My grade school learning skills teacher was amazing. The only good thing about grade school. However, my learning skills teachers in middle school and highschool were terrible and treated me as I was dumb.
I took this mentality that I was my dumb through my adult hood until about a year ago.
My sister became a learning skills teacher because she was inspired by me and my bad experiences. She wanted to be a great resource teacher and she is a great one.
The school system needs to be completely revamped.

• Sad
Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I'm very sorry you went through that. My Bi-polar also started kicking in during middle school and I was always angry as well. I got kicked out of 11th grade and immediately placed in a mental hospital. The things they said about me..... :(

• Sad
Reactions: Altair

Altair

Private
Macabre Soul
Feb 9, 2022
www.network.justageek.me
I'm very sorry you went through that. My Bi-polar also started kicking in during middle school and I was always angry as well. I got kicked out of 11th grade and immediately placed in a mental hospital. The things they said about me..... :(
zoldosThat is crazy they placed you in a mental hospital. I'm sorry you went thought that. Nobody should have to go through that.

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
That is crazy they placed you in a mental hospital. I'm sorry you went thought that. Nobody should have to go through that.
AltairApparently, I was exhibiting "bizarre" behavior and "belching and barking" during class. Yes, they actually said that. WTF I spent a week at the hospital where I was put on Lithium for Bi-polar depression disorder. I also have extreme anxiety, social phobia, and paranoia. I ended up in like 5 or 6 different mental wards between 1993 and 2003.

The meds I take now are extremely helpful, but I can't hold down a job and thankfully was able to get on SSDI so I can at least get some money each month.

Altair

Private
Macabre Soul
Feb 9, 2022
www.network.justageek.me
I'm glad you have some helpful meds now.
But the actual WTF. Can't believe they said that. I can't imagine.
I'm glad the stigma about problems is a lot better then they it use to be. I do still think that there is a huge stigma still and people don't understand. Then again how could they. Unless you walk in somebody's shoes for an hour you won't every truly understand. Three stories come to mind.
I remember when I was chatting with my Grandma in the car as we driving by an old building. She said that use to b the school for the deaf and blind and I said okay. Then she goes on about everyone called them dumb and that they could not contribute to society. Don't remember the exact conversation since it was so long ago but that always stuck with me. Or the fact taking a sign language class and somebody asked if a deaf person could do math. People can't relate to anything that they don't understand. I was living in dorms and a neighbor roommate had tried to commit suicide. She said her roommate was selfish. WTF. Instead of making sure she was okay or worried about her.
They automatically think of the worst or attribute some non relation bad association with it.

Last edited:
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Agreed. It's very sad. I have a quick story too: I used to be on some forum and replied to a topic titled "How is your day?" or some shit. I replied that I was having a great day and I'm glad that I don't have to worry about working since I'm on disability. This guy went all ape shit and said that it's "not fair" that I have a good life while he "busts his ass all day just to pay my SSDI check". He said this in a very derogatory tone. What he didn't realize, is that *I* busted my ass too for almost 10 years in various jobs but became so stressed I was planning my own death. I basically replied that one day when he retires or gets hurt and must reply on a government check that he will regret what he said. I never returned to that forum....

Altair

Private
Macabre Soul
Feb 9, 2022
www.network.justageek.me
Agreed. It's very sad. I have a quick story too: I used to be on some forum and replied to a topic titled "How is your day?" or some shit. I replied that I was having a great day and I'm glad that I don't have to worry about working since I'm on disability. This guy went all ape shit and said that it's "not fair" that I have a good life while he "busts his ass all day just to pay my SSDI check". He said this in a very derogatory tone. What he didn't realize, is that *I* busted my ass too for almost 10 years in various jobs but became so stressed I was planning my own death. I basically replied that one day when he retires or gets hurt and must reply on a government check that he will regret what he said. I never returned to that forum....
zoldosGees. I'm sorry that happened.
Good response. People are so negative and he just does not understand.

Kyng

Second Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
At first, I didn't. I had a few friends, but I didn't get along with them - and I was good at the work, but I found it boring.

It got better in later years when I was able to drop my least favourite subjects, and my friends grew up.

Altair

Private
Macabre Soul
Feb 9, 2022
www.network.justageek.me
At first, I didn't. I had a few friends, but I didn't get along with them - and I was good at the work, but I found it boring.

It got better in later years when I was able to drop my least favourite subjects, and my friends grew up.
KyngI'm glad it got better for you. Also, you ended up having a better eperience.
AltairYup.... :( Did you like any classes? I enjoyed science.
I enjoyed woodshop. However that was ruined by sophomore year by a learning skills teacher. He treated me like I was dumb and did everything. So I dropped out of that class. I could not take it anymore.
Math I liked for a bit. Until I struggled with geometry and was failing that class. So they put me in an Alegbra A class. Which was super easy. Math stopped being fun. Other then that no. I did not give a s**t and did not care at all.

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I'm glad it got better for you. Also, you ended up having a better eperience.

I enjoyed woodshop. However that was ruined by sophomore year by a learning skills teacher. He treated me like I was dumb and did everything. So I dropped out of that class. I could not take it anymore.
Math I liked for a bit. Until I struggled with geometry and was failing that class. So they put me in an Alegbra A class. Which was super easy. Math stopped being fun. Other then that no. I did not give a s**t and did not care at all.
AltairI hear ya. I'm surprised I didn't kill someone in high school. I was a freaking ticking time bomb. But I've let go of almost all of my anger. I hardly get mad these days!

Reactions: Altair

seant19874

Just some random guy
Macabre Soul
Mar 6, 2022
Canada
I wasn't the best student, never liked my teachers. Honestly, in high school I was super interested in partying and having fun. So yea... not a good student. I did grow up though

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I wasn't the best student, never liked my teachers. Honestly, in high school I was super interested in partying and having fun. So yea... not a good student. I did grow up though
seant19874I'm pretty sure I stopped maturing after a major breakdown in 11th grade. Then spent the next 10 years in and out of mental wards. :(

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Hope this doesn't come off as weird but *hugs*
seant19874:ROFLMAO:

Good Night Reaction GIF

Reactions: seant19874

Mikrokosmos

Cadet
Macabre Soul
Mar 22, 2022
PEI, Canada
I really enjoyed Elementary School and High School but I really didn't like Junior High School. I got picked a lot through Elementary School but when I went to Junior High it go way worse to the point where I almost dropped out of school until a new girl showed up one day and stopped the bullies from picking on me.

• Oh man!!!
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I really enjoyed Elementary School and High School but I really didn't like Junior High School. I got picked a lot through Elementary School but when I went to Junior High it go way worse to the point where I almost dropped out of school until a new girl showed up one day and stopped the bullies from picking on me.
MikrokosmosElementary school wasn't too bad for me. I but I had ADHD and ended up months behind my classwork. I'd drift off into my own head instead of studying. But middle school where you have to change classes, and puberty kicks in, was very stressful. Plus, the other students seemed more cruel... :(

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
No, I did not. I always hated school. College is a bit different but I just lack patience.
Detective OspreySame here. I just had too much anxiety and social phobia. And the work was too hard. The only classes I enjoyed were English and any science. Math, no. :(

I took a couple community college courses, and didn't like those either....

• Thumbs up!!
Reactions: Detective Osprey