did you enjoy school?

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Lord Z
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
So did anyone actually ENJOY school?

Gothic Cowgirl

Captain
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
So did anyone actually ENJOY school?
zoldosNo to liking school because of the annoying personalities, but yes to the learning part, especially if it was a subject I was really passionate about or really liked a lot; honors English, loved history, loved science in JH, HS science -no fun, and finally no to math. I have terrible math anxiety thanks to my dear impatient dad (RIP).

• Sad
Reactions: zoldos
View previous replies…
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Lord Z
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
School could be such an amazing place if teacher's would be real people by teaching and laughing with their students. Have you ever seen the movie "Here Comes the Boom"? It has a good message and a good message about school and inspiring teachers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648179/
Gothic CowgirlIt looks pretty cool! :)

I also went to a private school for "mental kids" (most of the students were right out of mental wards). It was more fun, but I was not properly medicated at that point and was too uneven. I got kicked out of there too.. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl

Gothic Cowgirl

Captain
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
It looks pretty cool! :)

I also went to a private school for "mental kids" (most of the students were right out of mental wards). It was more fun, but I was not properly medicated at that point and was too uneven. I got kicked out of there too.. :(
zoldosI'm sorry you went through all of that, so much early childhood trauma.

• Sad

Gothic Cowgirl

Captain
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
I home schooled my daughter until eighth grade. Then she tested in to a private school we thought would be best for her. The best part didn't last very long. She walks to the beat of her own drum and it showed because she resists compliance when she disagrees. It was a difficult time in her life, her grades were good. By 16, she decided to go rouge and left the school to just start Jr. community college. Now she is almost finished with her bachelors at a university and she has maintained a 4.0 GPA. It's amazing what difference it makes when the world view of a university is the world view you agree with. She no longer has had to write for her audience, in other words, if you know your teacher is slanted one way, that teacher is going to grade your paper really harsh if you believe the opposite. She had a lot of issues with that in Jr. college. Now the writing chains have been taken off and she can write about controversial topics and get a grade based on her work, without having to meet the requirements to write what she knows the professor wants her to write.

• Thumbs up!!
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Lord Z
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Excellent. So she's an author?

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl