Ginger and Turmeric

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
We all take a Ginger and Turmeric gummy daily. It's supposed to support the immune system with various other medicinal properties. Plus, the gummy tastes good. LOL

Anyone else take stuff like this? I love herbs and planet based products.

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
If I have an upset stomach, I do ginger powder with fennel seeds in some water. I haven't had much luck with turmeric. I used to make a concoction of various ground herbs in tomato juice that tasted good considering lol We make our own seasonings using bulk herbs.
Coolness! What are your thoughts on CBD products?

Reactions: ZandraJoi
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I know many people who have had success with them. I tried various organic brands but I didn't feel a difference in a boost of health. They are pricey & you need to give them a good chance to work. Nowadays they have creams, lotions, oils, etc.
I mainly want it for my g/f as a stress relief. And her mom for pain.....

Reactions: ZandraJoi

Gothic Cowgirl

Private
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
MSM has been very helpful with pain and flexibility.
Hyaluronic acid for joint paint; very helpful in replacing the synovial fluid.
Proteolytic enzymes; life renewing. I use Arthur Andrews Neprinol AFD (so much to be said for cleansing fibrin from the blood , plaques and sports recovery)
Digestive Enzymes in general.

Those have been the most helpful and noticeable. Other then that, you have your standard Mulit-Mineral. Those take study. I avoid the products with all of the vegetables, because some of those will affect your thyroid. My thyroid is good and I want to keep it that way.

Ginger is excellent for digestion and stopping a spastic colon. Fennel and peppermint combined with Ginger are good sources for digestive issues.

I'll stop there...lol..

• Haha
Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
MSM has been very helpful with pain and flexibility.
Hyaluronic acid for joint paint; very helpful in replacing the synovial fluid.
Proteolytic enzymes; life renewing. I use Arthur Andrews Neprinol AFD (so much to be said for cleansing fibrin from the blood , plaques and sports recovery)
Digestive Enzymes in general.

Those have been the most helpful and noticeable. Other then that, you have your standard Mulit-Mineral. Those take study. I avoid the products with all of the vegetables, because some of those will affect your thyroid. My thyroid is good and I want to keep it that way.

Ginger is excellent for digestion and stopping a spastic colon. Fennel and peppermint combined with Ginger are good sources for digestive issues.

I'll stop there...lol..
You good. hehe Thanks for the tips!! You seem to know a lot about that stuff! :D

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl

Gothic Cowgirl

Private
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
You good. hehe Thanks for the tips!! You seem to know a lot about that stuff! :D

Thanks, our family is deeply invested in health knowledge. My husband, is especially a walking alternative health book. My daughter, holds her own too. I'm glad to share what I know, and I do realize this is a delicate topic as not all health alternatives apply to everyone. Some people are on medications etc. What I listed above though, have been the supplements that have made a huge difference in my life. I've been an athlete since I've been 10 years old and even at my age I still work out everyday. Discipline and commitment. Not what I once was, but doing my best to maintain.

Gothic Cowgirl

Private
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
I know many people who have had success with them. I tried various organic brands but I didn't feel a difference in a boost of health. They are pricey & you need to give them a good chance to work. Nowadays they have creams, lotions, oils, etc.

Agreed on balance in your earlier post. I just want to add my experience with CBD oil. We use NuLeaf and the most benefit has been with my dogs. I've had dogs with collapsed trachea's that have now passed. My newest Pom, who is three years old now, has a minor trachea collapse. He has started coughing. I started him on the CBD oil this week because our humidity and pollen got so high it brought on his coughing symptoms. I've found that this CBD oil is better then the codeine cough syrup that was given to my other dogs. My last dog, Isabella, who passed a year ago, I used the CBD on her and her last year was so much more richer because she wasn't drugged on cough medicine and the CBD totally relaxed her trachea and she was comfortable. Just my experience and I know it's not right for everyone. When I do purchase this CBD oil, I don't purchase directly from the company, I do shop around, because it can be expensive. This forumula is also the pet forumla I use, so the dosage is less then what a human would use.

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Thanks, our family is deeply invested in health knowledge. My husband, is especially a walking alternative health book. My daughter, holds her own too. I'm glad to share what I know, and I do realize this is a delicate topic as not all health alternatives apply to everyone. Some people are on medications etc. What I listed above though, have been the supplements that have made a huge difference in my life. I've been an athlete since I've been 10 years old and even at my age I still work out everyday. Discipline and commitment. Not what I once was, but doing my best to maintain.
My g/f and I are so bad about working out. Just can't get into a routine. And she's esp. under a lot of stress because her brother is challenged and doesn't really understand that he can't eat 24 hours a day, and that $1.00 doesn't buy a week's worth of food. :(

I try my best to ease her concerns. Later this year when our rent-to-own beds are paid off, we'll have more than $300 a month to put back into the budget. That works. :)

Gothic Cowgirl

Private
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
My g/f and I are so bad about working out. Just can't get into a routine. And she's esp. under a lot of stress because her brother is challenged and doesn't really understand that he can't eat 24 hours a day, and that $1.00 doesn't buy a week's worth of food. :(

I try my best to ease her concerns. Later this year when our rent-to-own beds are paid off, we'll have more than $300 a month to put back into the budget. That works. :)

Life can be so hard, and even worse when you have to literally live penny by penny to stretch it all out. I do totally have empathy with your situation. Stress is a killer and I totally get that too, the challenges of other people in your life that requires extra help.

On working out, you can do so much at home, with a little creativity. Back in the 90's when I was working full time, a changed my work out routine at home and added work out videos. I used Collagevideo . What was nice about their website, is that you can buy work out videos that are fully rated in every way. That's what I did for years until I got a treadmill. Now the treadmill is broken and I row. There's some other mat-work things I do too...which brings to mind, there's a lot you can do just in your living room. Sometimes just a little moving around, is a healthy moment for your brain. My daughter for years, did her work outs with her xBox and she also picked free workouts on her computer at times too.

You all can go for walks too! I do really get it though, stress is overwhelming and sometimes you don't know were to start. But once you get started, even if it's for 5 minutes a day, I promise you will feel better.

I know how happy you both will be to have that extra payment out of your life. Hang in there!!

• Coolness

Gothic Cowgirl

Private
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
That's awesome that you found a routine! My g/f and I are very paranoid and never go out (except when I go out for groceries). But she hasn't been outside in months. :(
I totally understand your concerns about going out. The world has changed, people have changed and when people get desperate then your level of safety is compromised that much more. We don't even answer our front door anymore.:cautious:

Since you all are cocooning a lot, maybe consider adding Vitamin D to your routine in case you don't take a Multi-Mineral. Vitamin D is called the sunshine vitamin for a reason. Vitamin D is essential for immunity, bone density and overall many body systems to keep in balance. Humans can synthesize Vitamin D through their skin from being outside (dogs can't). If you are feeling extra blue or depressed a lot of times it's just simply low Vitamin D levels and it's easy to remedy either through outside synthesis or through supplementation. The best Vitamin D is with Vitamin K for assimilation. The simple no cost way to get more Vitamin D, is you can simply go outside in your backyard, take in some fresh air, bring your sweet tea, prop yourself up in a chair and take in some Vitamin D. You and your girlfriend can take some downtime for a bit, listen to the birds, feel the breeze, and watch the trees sway with the wind.:)

• Thanks!!
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I totally understand your concerns about going out. The world has changed, people have changed and when people get desperate then your level of safety is compromised that much more. We don't even answer our front door anymore.:cautious:

Since you all are cocooning a lot, maybe consider adding Vitamin D to your routine in case you don't take a Multi-Mineral. Vitamin D is called the sunshine vitamin for a reason. Vitamin D is essential for immunity, bone density and overall many body systems to keep in balance. Humans can synthesize Vitamin D through their skin from being outside (dogs can't). If you are feeling extra blue or depressed a lot of times it's just simply low Vitamin D levels and it's easy to remedy either through outside synthesis or through supplementation. The best Vitamin D is with Vitamin K for assimilation. The simple no cost way to get more Vitamin D, is you can simply go outside in your backyard, take in some fresh air, bring your sweet tea, prop yourself up in a chair and take in some Vitamin D. You and your girlfriend can take some downtime for a bit, listen to the birds, feel the breeze, and watch the trees sway with the wind.:)
I take a LOT of vitamin D daily. I have Osteoporosis so I have too. I also take calcium/magnesium/zinc and a men's 50+ daily...

We want to pay to get our porch extended and a ramp for Heather's disabled mom. But $$$ :(