how's the weather in your area?

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
We had hail from "hades" last night. A totally unexpected severe storm that came through and just wouldn't stop. Lots of wind (up to 70mph gusts) hail, thunder and lightening. I'll have to walk around outside and make sure our fencing and trees are okay.

• Wow
Reactions: zoldos

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
I think we're okay, thanks! I keep waiting for this tree to finally come down in the front of our house though. It will take just the right storm and it's coming down. Yeah, it's pretty hot. Sorry your AC has been running all day too. Our AC is running all day too, but then our AC is broken upstairs. Waiting for parts is the new normal. :(

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
We have no trees near us. I kinda like that since the place before us has a lot and during a storm a tree fell my old car and shattered the windshield ! :(
zoldos
We only have one tree out front and it's been it's losing big parts of it's branches from storms and recently was struck by lightening, maybe a year or so ago? In the back, that's another story. We have a creek and a huge treeline. Never again. Creeks make it swampy and buggy. I've gone through my whole life without being stung by a wasp. Last year I was stung the first time on my hand. That little ********* was in my mailbox crawling on the mail. I walked in with the mail and all of a sudden I felt searing pain. Yep, there it was in between the mail. Then the other day, I went to walk to the back yard to check on storm damage and no sooner that I got to the back, I felt the same searing pain in my shoulder. Yep, another wasp stung me. It bothered me for hours. I'm with you, the less trees the better. I avoid standing under trees too. You never know what's going to creep down beside you. :rolleyes: I'm sorry you had a tree fall on your car, damaging your windshield. I'm sure you get very turbulent storms, especially during hurricane season, which is just around the corner.

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
We only have one tree out front and it's been it's losing big parts of it's branches from storms and recently was struck by lightening, maybe a year or so ago? In the back, that's another story. We have a creek and a huge treeline. Never again. Creeks make it swampy and buggy. I've gone through my whole life without being stung by a wasp. Last year I was stung the first time on my hand. That little ********* was in my mailbox crawling on the mail. I walked in with the mail and all of a sudden I felt searing pain. Yep, there it was in between the mail. Then the other day, I went to walk to the back yard to check on storm damage and no sooner that I got to the back, I felt the same searing pain in my shoulder. Yep, another wasp stung me. It bothered me for hours. I'm with you, the less trees the better. I avoid standing under trees too. You never know what's going to creep down beside you. :rolleyes: I'm sorry you had a tree fall on your car, damaging your windshield. I'm sure you get very turbulent storms, especially during hurricane season, which is just around the corner.
Gothic CowgirlIt's more tornadoes than hurricanes. I've never seen one, but this area is very prone to them. We used to live in a house surrounded by trees and also with a creek and deck. During heavy rain the house would flood. :( Stupid landlord wouldn't do shit about it yet expected the full rent every month. We got a new vehicle and moved out! The yard here turns into a swamp when it rains, but no flooding and the driveway is gravel and hardly gets wet. Love it!

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
I'm sorry you went through all of that in your last house. Flooding can become super critical and dangerous! Terrible landlord!! We live in the part of our neighborhood, known as the "wetlands". We are on the lower level/slope of the neighborhood close to the creek. We get really swampy on the other side of our back fence. I don't go there, too many critter's with big teeth waiting on the other side. :eek:

Tornadoes for us too! I just got a lot of photo's organized including my weather pics and video's. I have some wall clouds, and funnels. I'll share some here, next week when I have some extra time. A video I did recently, just as I was saying to myself, "I was going to die in making this video", my daughter came out the front door to check on me and said the same....telling me I was going to die, if I didn't come in....it was funny...well....in a "macabre" funny sort of way. Our family has some dark humor and it really gets us through stuff.

I've been through several tornadoes, but mostly, just really severe storms with lots of wind and hail.

• Haha
Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I'm sorry you went through all of that in your last house. Flooding can become super critical and dangerous! Terrible landlord!! We live in the part of our neighborhood, known as the "wetlands". We are on the lower level/slope of the neighborhood close to the creek. We get really swampy on the other side of our back fence. I don't go there, too many critter's with big teeth waiting on the other side. :eek:

Tornadoes for us too! I just got a lot of photo's organized including my weather pics and video's. I have some wall clouds, and funnels. I'll share some here, next week when I have some extra time. A video I did recently, just as I was saying to myself, "I was going to die in making this video", my daughter came out the front door to check on me and said the same....telling me I was going to die, if I didn't come in....it was funny...well....in a "macabre" funny sort of way. Our family has some dark humor and it really gets us through stuff.

I've been through several tornadoes, but mostly, just really severe storms with lots of wind and hail.
Gothic Cowgirlhaha I love dark humor. My novel is full of it. And the main character is king of the "one liner" hehehe

Our house (well mobile home, but very nice inside) is up a bit with a small staircase so it can't flood! yay!!

We sometimes see turtles and frogs. Also, Heather said she saw a pretty, multicolored mud bug in the water! :O

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
haha I love dark humor. My novel is full of it. And the main character is king of the "one liner" hehehe

Our house (well mobile home, but very nice inside) is up a bit with a small staircase so it can't flood! yay!!

We sometimes see turtles and frogs. Also, Heather said she saw a pretty, multicolored mud bug in the water! :O
zoldosYeah, dark humor is great...we push it to the limit in our house.....I'm sure your main character is hilarious!! 😁

Your home is perfect for your weather and environment! Home is where you hang your hat or where your heart is! 😇

We have our share of frogs and sometimes they're very annoying and waiting for me at night when I go to let the dogs out. It's like they know it's 11pm at night and to line up to stare at me and cause havoc with my dogs. Turtles, only very few, though we have all of the other scary animals, snakes, and man eating spiders in abundance. It's always fun to hear the coyotes howling on the other side of our fence late at night.🤣

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Yeah, dark humor is great...we push it to the limit in our house.....I'm sure your main character is hilarious!! 😁

Your home is perfect for your weather and environment! Home is where you hang your hat or where your heart is! 😇

We have our share of frogs and sometimes they're very annoying and waiting for me at night when I go to let the dogs out. It's like they know it's 11pm at night and to line up to stare at me and cause havoc with my dogs. Turtles, only very few, though we have all of the other scary animals, snakes, and man eating spiders in abundance. It's always fun to hear the coyotes howling on the other side of our fence late at night.🤣
Gothic CowgirlNever seen a coyote, but lots of armadillos. hehe