Ideomotor response. subconscious movement.

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
So here's an interesting topic for discussion. The Ideomotor response, basically when you subconciously thing about doing things there are tiny muscle twitches. You're not aware of them but it's a pretty cool thing and is often used in magic acts, fake paranormal things, and hypnosis.

A great example of this is the spirit in a bottle, a classic scam disguised as paranormal activity. You put a pendulum in a bottle and get two people, one sits' down and places their hands on the table with the bottled pendulum, the other places their hands on the other's shoulders.

now have the standing person think about moving the pendulum. the direction they want the pendulum to go, it'll go, because their ideomotor response trigger's the other persons which causes it to move or change. you can also do this just by holding up a pendulum, you won't intentionally be moving it but it'll move because you're thinking about it.

there's other stuff you can do with this but these two are really easy ways to test and demonstrate this effect.

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Cool! I've never heard of this. What muscles are triggered?

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl
OP
SpookyZalost

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Cool! I've never heard of this. What muscles are triggered?
zoldosusually arm and leg muscles but I think it varies. it's like you want to do something so your subconscious brain triggers a pulse to do that then your conscious mind cancels it.

There's a trick where you can use this to have people subconsciously tell where they've hid something. It's like they know where it is but depending on if they want you to find it or not they'll either twitch towards or away from it sort of pulling you in a direction like a game of hot and cold.

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl
View previous replies…

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
usually arm and leg muscles but I think it varies. it's like you want to do something so your subconscious brain triggers a pulse to do that then your conscious mind cancels it.

There's a trick where you can use this to have people subconsciously tell where they've hid something. It's like they know where it is but depending on if they want you to find it or not they'll either twitch towards or away from it sort of pulling you in a direction like a game of hot and cold.
SpookyZalostCool!! This has been experimented on and shit?