Jeromy Brudos

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Butcher

Cadet
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
One of my favorite serial killers
Jerome Brudos was a serial killer and necrophile who murdered four women in Oregon during the 1960s. He was known as the "The Lust Killer" and "The Shoe Fetish Slayer."
Brudos discovered a pair of high-heeled shoes in a junkyard when he was five years old, marking the beginning of his fascination with women’s footwear. When his mother found him wearing the shoes, she took them away and destroyed them. His fetish for women’s shoes continued to grow, and he later stole women’s underwear from neighboring homes. As he grew, he developed a dark fantasy life, which involved violence against women. Brudos began acting on these disturbed thoughts.

At the age of 17, he threatened a teenage girl with a knife and forced her to take off her clothes. Brudos then took photos of her naked body. (Some reports also indicate that he also beat her, while others indicate that he assaulted another young woman who rejected him.) For his crimes, he spent some time in Oregon State Hospital’s psychiatric ward, but he was still able to attend school during the day.
Brudos is believed to have attacked a woman in 1967. In May of that year, he targeted a woman because he liked her shoes and followed her home. Brudos went into her house after she went to sleep. After strangling her to the point of unconsciousness, he raped her. He then left, taking some of her shoes with him. Brudos was not connected to this crime until much later.
On January 26th, 1968, Linda Slawson, a young encyclopedia saleswoman, paid a visit to Brudos's home. He pretended to be interested in buying a set, but he had more sinister intentions. Brudos later admitted that he hit her in the head and then strangled her to death. After her death, he kept the body for a time, dressing it up in women’s undergarments. Brudos also removed one of her feet so that he could put high-heeled shoes on it from his collection. Later Brudos dumped the body.
That November, Jan Whitney was driving home for Thanksgiving when her car broke down. Brudos saw her and stopped to offer her help. Instead, he strangled her in his car and had sexual relations with her dead body. Brudos brought Whitney’s body into his workshop and dressed and posed it for photographs. As with Slawson’s remains, he decided to keep a part of his victim—this time he removed one of Whitney’s breasts.

The killing escalated the following year. Brudos abducted 19-year-old Oregon State University student Karen Sprinker from a parking garage in downtown Salem in March. Taking her to his home, he sexually assaulted her and strangled her to death. Brudos also removed both of her breasts after her death. Only four weeks later, he struck again—the victim this time was 22-year-old Linda Salee. He kidnapped her from a shopping center and brought her back to his home to continue his murderous spree. As he had done with his other victims, Brudos disposed of the body in a river.

Attachments

• brudos-and-his-victims_1601223742.jpg
    brudos-and-his-victims_1601223742.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • brudos victims.png
    brudos victims.png
    89 KB · Views: 1
OP
Butcher

Butcher

Cadet
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
I lived in the same town as Jerome Brudos when he was doing the killings Salem, Oregon where I grew up was just over a mile from where he killed those four women the house has since been torn down to make way for Apartment complex. My Dad's friend who was with the Salem Police was telling me about his garage when they went in it was awsome.

• Wow
Reactions: zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I lived in the same town as Jerome Brudos when he was doing the killings Salem, Oregon where I grew up was just over a mile from where he killed those four women the house has since been torn down to make way for Apartment complex. My Dad's friend who was with the Salem Police was telling me about his garage when they went in it was awsome.
ButcherDo you want me to add a section for him?