serial killers? interesting, or deplorable?

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

zoldos

Lord Z
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I find serial killers fascinating. I'm by no means whatsoever trying to glorify their horrific crimes, but I enjoy getting "inside their minds" and watch many true crime shows relating to this from like profilers and such.

Comments?

Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl

Gothic Cowgirl

Captain
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
My husband and I have watched a lot of the serial killer shows. We also find them fascinating for only the psychological aspect of looking at the whole progression that lead the killers to evolve into serial killers. The loss of any life is horrifying from whatever the cause of death and I can't imagine the grief of the families left behind. Serial killers are predatory by nature and in every program we've watched they have some sorted past where they have to get revenge or had a fetish of some sort that was a driving force to continue to repeat the same murder.

The lesson in this, is don't count your cash under a street light. You never know who is watching. o_O

• Thumbs up!!
Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Lord Z
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
My husband and I have watched a lot of the serial killer shows. We also find them fascinating for only the psychological aspect of looking at the whole progression that lead the killers to evolve into serial killers. The loss of any life is horrifying from whatever the cause of death and I can't imagine the grief of the families left behind. Serial killers are predatory by nature and in every program we've watched they have some sorted past where they have to get revenge or had a fetish of some sort that was a driving force to continue to repeat the same murder.

The lesson in this, is don't count your cash under a street light. You never know who is watching. o_O
Gothic CowgirlPlus, I'm already paranoid, even more so at night. I always look around when getting in my truck or whatever...

But yes, agreed! I've been interested for years. I'd hit up the True Crime section of every book store!

View previous replies…

Gothic Cowgirl

Captain
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
Plus, I'm already paranoid, even more so at night. I always look around when getting in my truck or whatever...

But yes, agreed! I've been interested for years. I'd hit up the True Crime section of every book store!
zoldosYeah, I don't go out at night anymore, it's actually been years....just don't do it. I look under and around my truck too; in the day time. My daughter actually takes watch when we are unloading the shopping cart putting groceries in the car. Sad!!

I've been reading about crime since I've been a kid too. My dad worked for the FBI, which is likely were my fascination started. Then in Jr. High, I wanted to be an agent, then tamed it down a bit to a police woman, then a lawyer, then a judge. I ended up not doing any of that...lol...but I still have that gene that craves that exposure to the psyche of a criminal's mind.

I can imagine you going straight ahead to that section of the book store!

Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Lord Z
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Yeah, I don't go out at night anymore, it's actually been years....just don't do it. I look under and around my truck too; in the day time. My daughter actually takes watch when we are unloading the shopping cart putting groceries in the car. Sad!!

I've been reading about crime since I've been a kid too. My dad worked for the FBI, which is likely were my fascination started. Then in Jr. High, I wanted to be an agent, then tamed it down a bit to a police woman, then a lawyer, then a judge. I ended up not doing any of that...lol...but I still have that gene that craves that exposure to the psyche of a criminal's mind.

I can imagine you going straight ahead to that section of the book store!
Gothic CowgirlThat section and the astrophysics area. LOL

My uncle and his son both worked at the CIA. Pretty interesting!

I'm not sure why I like true crime. It is just interesting to me!