string theory!

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
So any movement we made would bring all the planets in the solar system with it, so long as we are careful in doing so?
Effectively yeah. See the sun is the center of mass and it's already moving. It orbits the galaxy in an up down motion along the spiral arms over thousands of years. We recently reached the middle point btw.

But since something like 98 percent of the solar system's mass is in the sun. Wherever it goes everything else orbiting it follows. Save for maybe some remote ort cloud objects.

This would be far trickier if this was a multiple star system or the sun was a red dwarf or something simply because of the mass difference.

• Coolness
Reactions: zoldos

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
Cool, right on. How fast it the sun orbiting? And can we actually "see" the movement?
Long enough it's not visible to the human eye except over long time periods. It takes the sun 225 million years to orbit the milky way and in that time bob's up and down through the galactic disc several times over that period with the sun aligning with the galactic center every 26,000 years. That last part the Maya were aware of btw.

• Radical!

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
LOL I remember that. People went crazy. I'm sure some committed suicide. :(
Yeah people get kinda crazy over conspiracy stuff. So getting back on topic. NASA is building a warp field interferometer. It's supposed to generate tiny warp bubbles for study which means they've found a way to do so consistently. Now from what I understand manipulating space time is key to studying higher dimensions. So how long you think until this lets them begin messing with the frequency of quantum strings using micro space warp distortions to open a 4th or 5th dimensional axis?

• Wow

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
Awesome!! But we haven't yet proven super strings exist?
Right but so far this whole real warp bubble thing is really changing how physics is approached. It's going to be interesting in the next decade or so for sure and likely a matter of time until we find out the truth on that one.

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
Wicked!! How long before Warp drive?! hehe
Sooner than you might think.. The development of a warp field interferometer means we have a way to consistently generate micro warp bubbles. I wouldn't be surprised if we had at least a sublight warp field based drive in the next two decades.

• Radical!