The voice inside your head.

Discussion in 'Internal Circuitry' started by Sharon, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Sharon

Sharon Member

Home Page:
    How often are you aware of the voice inside your head?

Many of us are constantly just reacting to the world around us (external influences) but when we are by ourselves and we are thinking about the things we want, our dreams, we become aware that part of us that are inside our heads.

Flinch likes this.
  2. queenzelda

queenzelda Active Member

Sometimes when important choices come up, I didn't listen to it in the past. But over time, I started to listen to it after the voice in my head turned out to be right more often then not. xp

Flinch and Sharon like this.
  3. zoldos

zoldos Administrator Staff Member

I constantly "talk to myself" inside my head. :)

Flinch likes this.
  4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith New Member

Don't write me off as crazy, but I do talk with myself from time to time, helps me keep focused and maybe figure out the answer to something I'm dealing with currently.

Flinch likes this.
  5. zoldos

Yes that's "normal". I'd only be concerned if a voice inside my head was not "recognized" or was "telling me" to do stuff that I don't want to do. That's a pretty good sign of schizophrenia. :(

6. Sharon

Sharon Member

Home Page:
    I definitely think there is a different person inside us the one that thinks internally, and the person we show externally and interact with the world. I'm sure there is a technical maybe even psychological term for it. I try to be aware of both and try my best to ensure they are not doing opposing things.

zoldos likes this.
  7. Flinch

Flinch Active Member

I really like this kind of idea, to the extent that it's useful. (I'm not too bothered by stuff like that being "true", as such). I do know of one psycho-therapeutic model which has elements of that -- but it's not limited to a single internal voice, but rather several that interact with each other. The Internal Family Systems model (IFS) ... "subpersonalities" are organized into different types, starting with these three high level types: Managers, Exiles and Firefighters.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    zoldos likes this.
  8. zoldos

Trippy! I haven't heard of this.

Engage on Social Media