vitamins and stuff

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
Saving on supplements anyway you can is big. I like iHerb too. I've often done the same with CVS, with the buy one and get one or so free offers. Love to save!!

I'm glad your MIL is doing better, though being physically disabled has so many challenges and concerns, and it's hard on her likley to be in one place all of the time and not getting out anymore. I'm in a similar situation combined with denial with my mom. We worry about her living by herself. She has numerous health challenges.

• Poochlip/Puppy Dog Eyes
Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Saving on supplements anyway you can is big. I like iHerb too. I've often done the same with CVS, with the buy one and get one or so free offers. Love to save!!

I'm glad your MIL is doing better, though being physically disabled has so many challenges and concerns, and it's hard on her likley to be in one place all of the time and not getting out anymore. I'm in a similar situation combined with denial with my mom. We worry about her living by herself. She has numerous health challenges.
Gothic CowgirlShe hasn't fallen in quite awhile which was the main concern. But she has to walk with a walker and walks very, very slow. She can barely lift her feet a half inch while walking. :(

It does discourage her and one time she told me "It's not supposed to be this way". I think she was depressed.

View previous replies…

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
She hasn't fallen in quite awhile which was the main concern. But she has to walk with a walker and walks very, very slow. She can barely lift her feet a half inch while walking. :(

It does discourage her and one time she told me "It's not supposed to be this way". I think she was depressed.
zoldosI'm glad she hasn't fallen. That's always scary stuff and you wouldn't think a broken hip could be critical, but it is. I used to manage a property years ago, that had a lot of seniors. One day when I was about to lock up for the day, one of my senior residents called and said she fell. Long story short, I came to help her, she was on the floor...I called her son, but she passed within a week. It was too much trauma for whatever reason a hip fractures is.

My mom has fallen a few times. The last time she fell, I was there checking her mail. I tried to open the front door but she had fallen at the front door. I had to MacGyver her to the couch. I used her bathrobe as a slide and then it was ugly getting her on the couch. That was the week she ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. She was already weak at that time but neither of us new how sick she was getting.

Depression is really common in the elderly, especially when they can't get out anymore. I'm hopeful that she stays stable and doesn't fall. It's good that she has a walker. Night time, is usually the time where these accidents can happen for the elderly....so a well lit bathroom or at least a path that has some light to follow. Sundowner's is another issue, so when my mom starts calling me or texting later at night, I remind her to turn on more light in her house so she won't feel so lonely or depressed. Light is energizing.

Sending good thoughts to your MIL!!

• Thanks!!
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I'm glad she hasn't fallen. That's always scary stuff and you wouldn't think a broken hip could be critical, but it is. I used to manage a property years ago, that had a lot of seniors. One day when I was about to lock up for the day, one of my senior residents called and said she fell. Long story short, I came to help her, she was on the floor...I called her son, but she passed within a week. It was too much trauma for whatever reason a hip fractures is.

My mom has fallen a few times. The last time she fell, I was there checking her mail. I tried to open the front door but she had fallen at the front door. I had to MacGyver her to the couch. I used her bathrobe as a slide and then it was ugly getting her on the couch. That was the week she ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. She was already weak at that time but neither of us new how sick she was getting.

Depression is really common in the elderly, especially when they can't get out anymore. I'm hopeful that she stays stable and doesn't fall. It's good that she has a walker. Night time, is usually the time where these accidents can happen for the elderly....so a well lit bathroom or at least a path that has some light to follow. Sundowner's is another issue, so when my mom starts calling me or texting later at night, I remind her to turn on more light in her house so she won't feel so lonely or depressed. Light is energizing.

Gothic CowgirlI appreciate it! *hugs She has really gotten a lot worse these past few years. She used to drive and go out daily (her ex made her do everything even though she is disabled, then would get all mad and yell at her if she couldn't afford $200 worth of feed for his stupid 30 hunting dogs). Then he blatantly cheated with some younger bimbo who is really dumb and just does this blank stare when you try to talk to her.

Anyway, she left him and we all moved in together in like 2018. But somewhere along the line she had a small stroke (not confirmed) and early on set dementia (confirmed). By the time we got to our new place last year she'd fall every other day and we'd have to call 911 since she is a big girl and we couldn't get her up. If that wasn't worse enough, she then accidently over dosed on a prescription pain pill and started talking gibberish, couldn't hold a cup of water, and didn't know her own name or what month it was. We took her to the ER and they flushed the drug out of her system.

By the time this was all over, it's like she's declined so much she can't do almost anything by herself except sleep and sit in her recliner and watch TV. :(

Her son, who is mentally challenged, is convinced she'll be all better again in a few months and then we all can hit the road. I don't have the heart to tell him she's never going to recover and will likely keep getting worse. She can barely walk, and stairs are impossible. She was even in rehab for like almost a month after the OD and the first thing that happened when she got home was she fell. :(

• You made me cry :(
Reactions: Gothic Cowgirl
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
I'm glad she hasn't fallen. That's always scary stuff and you wouldn't think a broken hip could be critical, but it is. I used to manage a property years ago, that had a lot of seniors. One day when I was about to lock up for the day, one of my senior residents called and said she fell. Long story short, I came to help her, she was on the floor...I called her son, but she passed within a week. It was too much trauma for whatever reason a hip fractures is.

Gothic CowgirlI didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to get that off my chest... 😐

• Thanks!!

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to get that off my chest... 😐
zoldosOh, we're good. 😇 Sorry, I just was so sad when I read it....and I didn't have time to properly reply. I'm glad you felt comfortable to share with your friends. We totally support your family and everything you are going through. Your girlfriends mom (and I'm sorry if I used MIL earlier, my mistake) has been through so much. Her story is like your worst nightmare and screenplay for a movie on abuse. Both you and your GF are amazing for the care you are giving her. Her life would be very empty without you both, because if she was at a nursing facility, she wouldn't have the love and personal care that you are giving her and also the dignity. I'm sorry about the extra stress of her son...and I'm sure that's a whole other dynamic that requires extra care. Hang in there, you both are good people!!

• Smile
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Oh, we're good. 😇 Sorry, I just was so sad when I read it....and I didn't have time to properly reply. I'm glad you felt comfortable to share with your friends. We totally support your family and everything you are going through. Your girlfriends mom (and I'm sorry if I used MIL earlier, my mistake) has been through so much. Her story is like your worst nightmare and screenplay for a movie on abuse. Both you and your GF are amazing for the care you are giving her. Her life would be very empty without you both, because if she was at a nursing facility, she wouldn't have the love and personal care that you are giving her and also the dignity. I'm sorry about the extra stress of her son...and I'm sure that's a whole other dynamic that requires extra care. Hang in there, you both are good people!!
Gothic CowgirlThanks, I really appreciate the kind words. It's very nice to have you as a friend since you are someone that I can relate to. :D

It is stressful sometimes, but Heather's mom has done a lot for us when we were down and out. Even bought us a car and made the payments until I got on disability. She let me borrow her truck when I had to work over night, and so on. Every time she asks me if I'm sure I don't mind helping her, I always remind her that she's done things for us and also if I was handicapped and she wasn't, I'm sure she'd help me!

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. It's very nice to have you as a friend since you are someone that I can relate to. :D

It is stressful sometimes, but Heather's mom has done a lot for us when we were down and out. Even bought us a car and made the payments until I got on disability. She let me borrow her truck when I had to work over night, and so on. Every time she asks me if I'm sure I don't mind helping her, I always remind her that she's done things for us and also if I was handicapped and she wasn't, I'm sure she'd help me!
zoldosThank you!! Friend's we are!:)

Heather's mom must be a woman with a lot of inner strength and perseverance. So kind of her to get you a car to help you all get on your way to life, and you are so kind to do the same for, to care for her in her time of need. This is a real story of family love and how to cope and make it work under the most difficult conditions. 😇

• Coolness
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Thank you!! Friend's we are!:)

Heather's mom must be a woman with a lot of inner strength and perseverance. So kind of her to get you a car to help you all get on your way to life, and you are so kind to do the same for, to care for her in her time of need. This is a real story of family love and how to cope and make it work under the most difficult conditions. 😇
Gothic CowgirlYes, she is. Sadly, she's never had a "real" b/f that actually cared for her. She'd always get with abusers....

• Sad

ZandraJoi

Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
@zoldos @Gothic Cowgirl @death8699
Another site you can go to for supplements is one I use Vitacost.com You get free S&H when over $49.
As for the worrying about money, yeah, that can be hard. What I found is there always seems to be things we can cut out. TV for one is quite expensive. There are streaming services that you can get. Even go to the library to rent DVDs & books. All the high tech phones, gaming. Pick & choose.
Think of what you can maybe cut out & then you can replace with health i.e. supplements & real food. When you find you eat real food, you'll also find your body & mind reacts better. :)

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
@zoldos @Gothic Cowgirl @death8699
Another site you can go to for supplements is one I use Vitacost.com You get free S&H when over $49.
As for the worrying about money, yeah, that can be hard. What I found is there always seems to be things we can cut out. TV for one is quite expensive. There are streaming services that you can get. Even go to the library to rent DVDs & books. All the high tech phones, gaming. Pick & choose.
Think of what you can maybe cut out & then you can replace with health i.e. supplements & real food. When you find you eat real food, you'll also find your body & mind reacts better. :)
ZandraJoiOh nice! Thanks! Yes Heather has a really good budget system and is always adjusting it to we know exactly what goes where and how much. Good stuff!

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Nice. I'm trying to get my g/f to use CBD. It's supposed to help her relax. But she always says t's too expensive. I'm just going to buy it one day. ...

Gothic Cowgirl

Lieutenant Commander
Macabre Soul
May 7, 2022
Texas
www.friendsrealm.com
Nice. I'm trying to get my g/f to use CBD. It's supposed to help her relax. But she always says t's too expensive. I'm just going to buy it one day. ...
zoldosEnough CBD will relax you and potentially help you sleep better. Maybe she will try it soon! My daughter uses it for really bad nights. You don't even have to ingest it, you can apply it to your skin as a topical instead. :)

• Thumbs up!!
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Enough CBD will relax you and potentially help you sleep better. Maybe she will try it soon! My daughter uses it for really bad nights. You don't even have to ingest it, you can apply it to your skin as a topical instead. :)
Gothic CowgirlShe said she wants to look on-line since it may be cheaper. I hope we get some soon....