what are you currently playing?

zoldos ren

Administrator
Nova9
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
I'm currently playing Battlefield 2042 and Need for Speed Heat, on PC. :)

Kyng

Private First Class
Deag23
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
Railroad Tycoon II. Trying to beat a scenario based in Switzerland, that gave me problems when I first played it as a child :p . So far, it's going rather well!

zoldos ren

Administrator
Nova9
Local time
Reaction score
Railroad Tycoon II. Trying to beat a scenario based in Switzerland, that gave me problems when I first played it as a child :p . So far, it's going rather well!
Nice. I never played that, but I did really get into Roller Coaster Tycoon back in the day. hehe

Kyng

Private First Class
Deag23
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that was another of my favourite games back in the day! I still play it from time to time.

(Maybe I can go back to it once I've finished my current Railroad Tycoon II scenario :p )

zoldos ren

Administrator
Nova9
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that was another of my favourite games back in the day! I still play it from time to time.

(Maybe I can go back to it once I've finished my current Railroad Tycoon II scenario :p )
hehe My favorite building game(s) are still the Simcity series. The 2015 release remains one of the best city builders of all time IMO.

Kyng

Private First Class
Deag23
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds good :) . I do have SimCity 4 Deluxe, but I'm not sure I've ever played it :p .

(I've played plenty of Cities: Skylines and enjoyed it, so I guess I'll have to see what its rival has to offer!)

zoldos ren

Administrator
Nova9
Local time
Reaction score
@Kyng Simcity 5 (2015) is Cities Skylines direct competition. I've played both extensively, and still prefer Simcity.

Detective Osprey

Queen of the Lycanrocs
Deag23
Local time
Reaction score
I'm playing this mobile game called The Island: Castaway or somethin like that.

Kyng

Private First Class
Deag23
Local time
Reaction score
@Kyng Simcity 5 (2015) is Cities Skylines direct competition. I've played both extensively, and still prefer Simcity.
Thanks for the correction: shows how out of the loop I am :p !

What would you say are the main advantages of SimCity over Cities: Skylines?

zoldos ren

Administrator
Nova9
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction: shows how out of the loop I am :p !

What would you say are the main advantages of SimCity over Cities: Skylines?
hehe It's all good. I think Simcity has better graphics and is easier to move the camera. The only drawback is that you are limited in space as far as how big your city can be....

Kyng

Private First Class
Deag23
Local time
Reaction score
hehe It's all good. I think Simcity has better graphics and is easier to move the camera. The only drawback is that you are limited in space as far as how big your city can be....
Makes sense :) .

As for me, the last thing I played was Banished. Another city-building type of game, but smaller-scale and in a pre-industrial setting :p .

zoldos ren

Administrator
Nova9
Local time
Reaction score
As for me, the last thing I played was Banished. Another city-building type of game, but smaller-scale and in a pre-industrial setting :p
My g/f played that but didn't like it. hehe I prefer modern or future based city builders. :)

Kyng

Private First Class
Deag23
Local time
Reaction score
My g/f played that but didn't like it. hehe I prefer modern or future based city builders. :)
Yeah, I can understand that. I myself like the setting - but, I won't deny that Banished has a lot of waiting around (and also, the lack of combat might bore some people!)

As for what I've been playing, I've gone back to Railroad Tycoon II.