What is the first computer you owned?

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
A pentium III with 512mb of ram a dvd drive, and an ATI all in wonder card with composite and S-Video output plugged into a TV :p

I used to watch anime that way before streaming was a thing.

the first computer I built was a dual core 2.4ghz with 4gb of DDR 2 ram, a geforce 5200FX and stuck inside a 1998 PC case from some random PC I'd recycled at the time. I'd often use it alongside an IBM PS/2 Model 50 I'd rescued and keep around for compatibility with old stuff back when I had working floppy drives. (the main reason I have a serial port on my modern desktop to this day btw lol.)

Reactions: zoldos

Kyng

Second Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
The first computer that I personally owned was a Toshiba A380 Satellite Pro, which I was given for university. I still have it, although I only use it when I want to access old stuff that I don't have saved elsewhere.

The first computer I remember my dad having was an Atlantic... something. This was in the mid-90s, so it had Windows 95, and only had a 100MHz CPU :p .

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
Bah, with age comes wisdom. In my case with age comes knowing how to use tech to do things it really shouldn't be able to XD

Reactions: zoldos

EvildDude

noob
Macabre Soul
Feb 26, 2022
Europe
An original Dell desktop when they first came into existence in the mid/late 1980s. It had MS DOS and a hard drive of 10mb which back then was considered large. My how times have changed

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
An original Dell desktop when they first came into existence in the mid/late 1980s. It had MS DOS and a hard drive of 10mb which back then was considered large. My how times have changed
EvildDudeyou mean a PC's Ltd (currently Dell), Turbo PC with an 8mhz 8088 compatible cpu?

1645928058543.png

EvildDude

noob
Macabre Soul
Feb 26, 2022
Europe
Yep, PC’s limited and the old 5.25 inch floppy and then slowly kept upgrading every couple years with Dell (when the name changed) as back then they were known for customer service. Had a Gateway in-between, but didn’t compare to the Dell. Back then, pre-Windows, even had to create your own menu screen under DOS using Dbase or stuck with typing at the command prompt.

SpookyZalost

Technomancer
Macabre Soul
Feb 12, 2022
You mean there was an easier way than writing batch scripts? God's I was overthinking when I wrote the menu I use on the 286.

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
EvildDudehaha Our first "real" computer was a Packard Bell 12 megahertz with 640k RAM and a 32MB hard drive. It was freaking amazing!