will we ever fully understand the human brain?

Welcome all souls to Macabre Cortex!
You have reached into the unknown & discovered a unique place unlike others you've seen! Sign up now or forever hold your peace!!
Create an Account

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
We still seem to be in the infancy stage of understanding how the human brain works. Scientists who have physically examined human brains have stated that from the examine itself, the brain shouldn't be able t to do what it does. That is, consciousness, self-awareness, etc., can't be explained on a physical level.

So what is really going on in our brains? How do we "think", and rationalize things? Why can't other animals "think"? Why are we so special, and why do ONLY us have a different part of the brain that makes us unique?

Kyng

Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
Quite simply: no, because "fully understanding" isn't how science works :p . Every time we answer a question we have about the human brain, that answer is going to raise new questions!

Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Quite simply: no, because "fully understanding" isn't how science works :p . Every time we answer a question we have about the human brain, that answer is going to raise new questions!
Yes, good point. I firmly believe that the human brain is a organic quantum computer and "quantum strangeness" helps give rise to the fascinating abilities our brains are capable of. We just can't explain how. lol

Kyng

Lieutenant
Macabre Soul
Feb 10, 2022
United Kingdom
tch-forum.com
Yes, good point. I firmly believe that the human brain is a organic quantum computer and "quantum strangeness" helps give rise to the fascinating abilities our brains are capable of. We just can't explain how. lol
Entirely possible - although, I'll be interested to see if we ever find any evidence to confirm or refute this!

• Thumbs up!!
Reactions: zoldos
OP
zoldos

zoldos

Leviathan
Creator & Admin
Feb 7, 2022
your PC
www.minds.com
Entirely possible - although, I'll be interested to see if we ever find any evidence to confirm or refute this!
There is still much to be discovered regarding Quantum theory. It is very interesting!! Google the "Double Slit Experiment". It's trippy!!

Reactions: Kyng